Sunday, August 14, 2011

Transition....Vacation.....Moving.....Vacation???

Our family is in transition, I mean on vacation, I mean moving, I mean on vacation......

Well, we are in limbo. In some ways it is wonderful. We got through the stressful part of packing up all of our stuff, saying goodbye to loved ones in North Carolina, and driving across the country without having to immediately get to work at settling into a new place. We have been able to visit family, take trips to fun places, see old friends, lounge around, play with cousins, be cooked for, go for a night away for our anniversary, not worry about the day to day responsibilities of owning or renting a home and all sorts of other great things. I am so thankful for this time but there is a part of me that also feels like this "vacation" isn't real. It is real in the sense that it allows us to spend lots of quality time with family, but is isn't real in the sense that when it ends, we do not go back to normalcy. I can't look at our kids starting to get restless at all the change and promise them that it will feel normal again soon. Maybe I need the normalcy more than they do. I think that I am really excited about this new adventure one day and then dreading the first couple of month the next. We are living in that in between time and as the date approaches where we will actually move into our apartment in Palo Alto, I am equal parts excited and scared. It will be different moving to a new place with kids. Last time we moved we were all on our own. This both comforts and gives me more worry.

I guess, in summary, I am feeling a bit mixed up at the moment. I miss you all in North Carolina, am loving the time spent here in Washington, and can't wait to go (don't want to go ) to California to begin our new adventure all at the same time. I just hope these next three weeks go by fast...I mean slow......I mean......

2 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

I totally know how you feel!!!!

I think that is why I wigged out when we were told we may not be able to close on our house the day that was promised!!! Seriously sent me over the edge.... :( Because I NEED NORMALCY!!!! So hard sometimes.....

Anonymous said...

Ok, your making me tear up over here! Sending prayers and love your way. Remember "I can do all this through him who gives me strength." (Philippians 4:13 NIV)
You CAN do this! :)
Julie Godfrey