Thursday, May 6, 2010

Two Peas in a Pod

Johnny and Emma; Emma and Johnny......I feel so lucky to have two kids that love each other so much. Emma LOVES being a big sister and she is good at it. She loves helping with anything I will let her help with. Getting me diapers, putting on lotion, feeding him, giving him toys, ect. She even watches out for him and asks me if something is safe to give him or not prior to letting him play with it. When I need to give some extra attention to Johnny she waits patiently or plays by herself until I am able to get him to sleep or calmed down. Normally, her running in and giving him a kiss does the trick when he is upset. She will even lay in bed while I rock him and just wait for me to get him to sleep then ask for her turn. I couldn't ask for a better big sister. Johnny adores her. He follows her around the house and wants to play with anything she is playing with. They have started a game during dinner when one of them will scream and the other copies. If Emma laughs at something Johnny does, he tries to do it again and again, looking to Emma to laugh again. I know a lot of children struggle to find their way when a new child comes into the home and I feel so blessed that they have had an instant connection and love for one another.....





5 comments:

Jenny said...

such a sweet, sweet girl!

Kamille said...

definitely a blessing! I love reading about how their relationship is growing. What a wonderful big sister and a smitten little brother.

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Beautiful!!!!! Jonathan has done great since Joanna came home- we were really happy about that :)

JonesEthiopia said...

What precious children you have!

Lindy said...

So thrilled for you guys! You've found your niche, and that's just so great. Good job to Emma for loving on her brother. Good job to Johnny for making her laugh. So glad the gushing love has spread to the siblings as well.