Monday, October 3, 2011

A Sad Goodbye

We had about a week after the wedding before we headed down to California. We had such a wonderful time visiting family and friends during our 7 week vacation and it was finally coming to an end. Three days after the wedding we had to say goodbye to Auntie Heidi, Uncle Nick, Hannah and Hailey. They were moving to Tanzania and it would most likely be TWO YEARS until we saw them again. Ughhhh!! I can't really explain how hard it is for me to have my sister, who has become one of my best friends, living across the world with my sweet nieces (and Nick I miss you too :). She is such an important part of my life and there is a part of me that doesn't feel right without being able to just call her up and chat with her about this or that. We got married a few years apart and became mothers less than a year apart so our lives have become intertwined with similar experiences. I hate that she is so far away though I am so glad that they are where God has called them to be. Our family looks forward to our reunion Summer of 2013.......



Some of you know my sister so if you want to know more about what she is doing they started a blog......http://forrestfamilyinafrica.blogspot.com

No comments: